History, Mission, & Values
Founded in 1972 by Forrest M. Brown, a leader in the field of court reporting, Brown College has launched many successful careers. Over the years, Brown College has developed a national reputation for excellence and prides itself on adapting to industry trends and technological advances to ensure its graduates have the educational, technological and professional foundation they need for success. In 2009, Brown was purchased by Coyne American Institute. Established in 1899, Coyne has over a century of career training excellence and two campuses in the Chicago area.
Brown College strives to be a leader among court reporting educational institutions. We will prepare students for success in the professional positions they assume after graduation by providing them with a strong educational foundation and access to the most advanced court reporting techniques and technologies.
At Brown College of Court Reporting, we believe in:
- Providing a high quality education
- Employing dedicated faculty and staff
- Maintaining an excellent reputation within the industry
- Taking pride in our accomplishments
- Being committed to the success of our students
- Embracing diversity
- Building and maintaining partnerships and relationships within our community
- Operating with integrity
- Being innovative
- The value of hard work